- To strengthen communications among individuals interested in gerontology for mutual benefit and exchange of information
- To increase public awareness of gerontological issues
- To encourage and develop educational opportunities to enhance t he knowledge and practice of individuals interested in gerontology
- To increase and maintain membership of the Alberta Association on Gerontology
- To work continuously toward financial stability
- To encourage and support basic and applied research within the field of gerontology
- To improve communication among the chapters and between chapters and the provincial board
With your AAG membership you are automatically a member of the local chapter. Your membership includes invitations to educational opportunities, networking functions and a quarterly newsletter. It is important to include your preferred chapter affiliation even if you live outside of the centres listed. You will receive chapter information at no extra cost.
The Calgary Chapter of Alberta Association on Gerontology even offers you MORE. With your yearly membership, you also get:
- Discounts on workshops focusing on issues in gerontology.
- Increased awareness of potential employment opportunities in gerontology.
- Access to information and eligibility about scholarships for continued learning in the field.
- Three newsletters a year focusing on relevant gerontological issues, Calgary Chapter news, local happenings and upcoming events.
- Opportunities to network with peers working in the gerontological field.
- Opportunity to participate in the Aging & Active Living Expo.
- Increased knowledge of local resources for older adults.