50th Anniversary Annual Conference of the British Society of Gerontology
Wednesday, July 7 - Friday, July 9
The 50th Anniversary Annual Conference of the British Society of Gerontology hosted ONLINE by Lancaster University from 7 – 9 July 2021.
The theme of the 2021 conference is ‘Ageing Past, Present and Future: Innovation and Change’.
The conference will be organised in streams reflecting the conference sub-themes, as well as an open stream. The conference sub-themes are:
- Ageing and resilience in adversity
- Changing connections and relationships
- Changing responses to age-related health conditions
- Diversity and culture in later life: where are we now and where are we going?
- Gender diversity and sexuality in later life: where are we now and where are we going?
- Health and social care practices, innovations and futures
- Health innovation and technology
- Housing for ageing in the 21st century
- Impact of and response to Covid-19: lessons for future pandemics
- Innovation in theories, methods and critical perspectives
- Maintaining health and well-being in later life
- Retirement and changing working lives in later life
- Social participation, citizenship and co-production in a changing world
- Sustainability and health in the environment
- The arts, leisure and older consumers
Speakers include AAG board member, Dr. Sandra Hirst.
See the BSG website for more information: