Four Types of Memberships:
Any individual 18 years of age or over, who is either working in the field of gerontology, intends to work in the field of gerontology, or who supports the vision and mandate of the Alberta Association on Gerontology.
Organizational involvement means that an association / health care facility or agency may join the Association. An individual from the organization is identified as the newsletter recipient. A maximum of 3 individuals, representing the organization, will receive the membership rate at local events.
Students in diploma or degree programs with a focus on gerontology or aging studies (Must prove student status upon request).
Individual over the age of 65.
AAG is committed to providing the highest quality of services to our members. To ensure this level of service can be maintained, a review of our membership fees has recently been completed. Fee increases are necessary in order to address the costs associated with improving services to members such as updating the website, scheduling of events and continuation of collaborative activities with stakeholders.
Membership privileges begin immediately on payment of membership fees.
The revised fee structure for the 2018/19 membership year is as follows:
- $85 for individual
- $175 for organization
- $35 for seniors (65+ years)
- $25 for students.
AAG Membership Benefits
Membership provides many benefits including:
- Enjoyment and engagement in something you are passionate about with like-minded people.
- Special member-only rates for the many local networking and learning events held in Calgary and Edmonton.
- Access to AAGMag, our quarterly newsletter filled with gerontological resources, research, information about local events and opportunities.
- Member-only advertising rates in the AAGMag and on the website.
- Awards to gerontologically-focused students at three levels (Provincial, Calgary and Edmonton).
- Knowledge translation and education events, as well as opportunities for writing.
Other Benefits Include:
- Diversity of membership – we are open to everyone, all you need is interest. We celebrate
the strength that these many perspectives bring to help us accomplish our mission and vision.
- Ability to distribute job postings among fellow members through our distribution list (send your posting to email@example.com and we’ll distribute).
- Career development opportunities – we support our members to making connections, learn and develop as students, professionals and seniors.
- Stimulation of and support for research and knowledge transfer related to evidence informed practice in gerontology.
- Sharing a strong voice to influence policy on seniors’ issues.
Fill out form online and Pay with PayPal!
Or Download: 2019-AAG-New-Membership-Form with Benefits